Monday, August 4, 2014

Days Three, Four and Five

So, I haven't made much time for blogging in the last few days.  I have, however, been making time for family, extended family, cooking yummy 'clean' food, meditating, getting in touch with new friends, viewing and buying art, baking a completely un-'clean' birthday cake from scratch while diffusing a raging toddler, and having gut-wrenching conversations about exposing my soul to it's raw and unapologetic future.  That's kind of a lot.

I don't have any visuals for this post, so I'll just focus on the spiritual.

First, let's revisit this '40 days' concept, more specifically, what I hope to attain here.  Of course, I expect nothing less than a lean, mean yoga body and trancendent mind at the end of this.  I suspect however that I will remain my very authentic and humble self, with a modicum of insight into who I am and what I want in this current manifestation.  Or at least I hope.  

Originally, I did come into this for the physical and mental benefits.  Now, I'm looking at it from the perspective of a wide-eyed internal investigation.  What motivates me?  What am I wanting that I don't already have?  How can I be my best version of my self?  What foods and practices serve me best, and do they change with my cycles and rhythms?  In those places in my life that I feel dissatisfied, is it me that needs changing or the situation?  How can I continue to heal myself and radiate that love outward toward the people I know who need love but can't give it to themselves?  How do I find my voice?  

Well, let's just say that I've already had a revelation or two.  More on that a bit later.


No comments:

Post a Comment