Ten whole days! Woo-hoo! I'm one quarter of the way to my goal- 40 days of clean eating, yoga, insight... you get the idea.
I can tell you that already I feel stronger, more powerful. More from the place of will than the physical realm. Never, ever in my life could I have conjured up a chocolate cake without having a piece. Zaxby's has fried pickles back on the menu?! And my friend has been posting about the most amazing looking Rueben sandwich lately… my one and only beef weakness. Still, I'm holding strong.
Aside from the willpower and (slight) weight loss, I'm feeling a real clarity of mind I haven't had since having babies. Sleep deprivation is serious, and Mommy Brain is no myth. It's probably been 4 years since I've completed a thought. This fall, we are hunkering down with our Freeschooling goals, so I think this cleanse has been well-timed. I feel better equipped to get connected with my 2 and 3 year old boys to make this happen. Being a bit of a raw nerve, I feel like I've been better able to zone in on what these guys need and are trying to communicate. The fact that their needs change almost constantly is all the more reason to stay clear and on my toes!
Well, it is now day 16 of 40. I skipped almost a whole week of blogging. Rest assured, I didn't skip my eating habits… still going strong! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I discovered that I feel my healthiest when fresh eggs and wild salmon are a part of my diet. I usually have eggs for breakfast, along with some sweet potato or home fries, perhaps a little fruit, and yes, coffee. I'm more of a savory breakfast kind of gal, so with no bacon or toast, the eggs feel a little lonely for my liking. Luckily, they go great with salsa!
So, what's had me so busy, you ask? Well, next week begins our official Freeschool year. We've got tons of activities scheduled, some music and theater classes, we've joined a co-op, and have found some great resources to flowingly incorporate age-appropriate learning and skill-building into just plain old-fashioned fun. Lots and lots and lots of nature time. Aaannnddd…. chickens!!!
Yes, we've adopted half a dozen hens. This was my project, so aside from helping me to load and cut some wood (I am petrified of power saws), my man is taking a loving step back to let me do this on my own. The pallet chicken yard is 60% complete, we'll be doing some drilling and tacking up of fencing over the next few days. The girls are still adjusting to their new surroundings (they came from the country to us in the city), so they aren't laying just yet. Hopefully we'll have fresh eggs each morning in about a month.
What else? My phone is overloaded with files, so until I can get some extra time available, this blog is going to be a little less visual than planned. I hope to catch up after this weekend with some pics to show you all what I've been up to.
Until then, love yourselves, eat yummy plants, worship the sunshine and be kind to one another. Shanti, shanti, shanti, you beautiful soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment